2012 Mercedes Raffle Rules & Regulations
Official Rules and Regulations
The proceeds from this raffle will benefit the Children’s Museum of Richmond’s (CMoR) mission, programs and exhibits. Tickets will be sold throughout the community at all CMoR locations, at off-site events in which the museum participates, in personal transactions by museum staff and volunteers as well as online. Only 1,000 tickets will be sold at a cost of $100 per ticket.
1. Employees (and their immediate family members) of the Children’s Museum of Richmond are not eligible to win.
2. The raffle is open to legal residents of the United States who are age 18 and over and are licensed drivers.
3. A maximum of 1,000 tickets will be sold. If fewer than 500 tickets are sold by 5:00 p.m., December 30, 2012, the Children’s Museum may cancel the raffle in its sole discretion, and any participant who has previously purchased a raffle ticket will be refunded the cost of each ticket purchased within 5 business days.
4. No museum purchase (gift shop, admission, membership etc.) is necessary to purchase raffle tickets.
5. There is no limit to the number of tickets an individual may purchase, up to the maximum number of tickets available.
6. Tickets must be filled out in the name of a single individual.
7. Tickets are non-refundable.
8. Online ticket sales will cease at 5:00p.m. on Sunday, December 30, 2012 or until supplies run out.
9. Ticket sales at the Children’s Museum of Richmond satellite locations (Short Pump and Chesterfield) will cease at 5:00pm on Saturday, December 29, 2012 or until supplies run out.
10. Ticket sales at the location of the drawing will cease 11:30am on Monday, December 31, 2012 or until supplies run out.
11. The winner will be selected at a random drawing on December 31, 2012 between 12:00pm-1:00 pm. Entrants do not need to be present to win. The winner will be notified by phone according to the contact information provided to the Children’s Museum of Richmond at the time of entry. In the event a winner cannot be contacted, fails to respond within 7 calendar days, fails to otherwise qualify for the prize and /or declines the prize, an alternate winner will be selected. If not claimed within 7 calendar days of notification, the winner designee will forfeit any rights to the vehicle and the same will be awarded to an alternate winner. The right to take possession of the vehicle through the winning entry is neither assignable nor transferable.
12. If the winner elects to take the car as the prize, that winner assumes and must pay all fees and charges (including, but not limited to, tags and license), local, state and federal taxes when the car is transferred to the winner. Winnings are subject to regular gambling withholding as stipulated by the IRS and must be paid by the winner. In addition, all costs of car ownership, such as (without limitation) insurance, are the winner's sole responsibility. The Children’s Museum of Richmond assumes no responsibility for the winner’s tax obligations and suggests you consult your tax advisor. This offer is void where prohibited by law and all federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. The prize cannot be exchanged for cash. The vehicle will not be delivered until after all of the applied taxes, license and registration fees are paid by the winner. The winner must have proper identification when claiming the vehicle (a valid state driver’s license) and appropriate insurance. If the winner elects not to accept the vehicle, no substitution or exchange for cash or other goods will be provided.
13. By receipt of any prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless the museum, its respective subsidiaries, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the raffle or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
14. Except where prohibited, participation in the raffle constitutes winner’s consent to the museum, sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
15. The museum reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the raffle, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond museum’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the raffle, as determined by the museum in its sole discretion. The museum reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the raffle process or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other Promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the raffle may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the museum reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The museum’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
16. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by raffle purchasers, printing errors or by any of the programming associated with or utilized in the raffle; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or hard/software ;(3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the raffle process; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the raffle or the processing of raffle ticket purchases; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from raffle purchaser’s participation in the raffle or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason a raffle ticket is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, a ticket purchaser’s sole remedy is another ticket in the raffle, provided that if it is not possible to award another ticket due to discontinuance of the raffle, or any part of it, for any reason, the museum, at its discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible raffle ticket stubs up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed the museum reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
17. Except where prohibited, raffle purchasers agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this raffle any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate Virginia State Court located in Richmond, Virginia U.S.A.; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this raffle, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will raffle ticket purchasers be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and museum in connection with the raffle, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Virginia, U.S.A. without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Virginia or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Virginia.
18. The prize winner and/or a copy of these Official Rules, send a hand-printed, scanned request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Winner list requests must be received by January 31, 2013.
To download a copy of the official Rules and Regulations, please click here.