Guest Services Manager - Fredericksburg Location
We currently have a full-time opportunity for a Guest Services Manager at our Fredericksburg location. Reporting to the Director of Operations, this position will be responsible for providing leadership and support to the Guest Services Team. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Trains, schedules and manages front desk, floor staff, and volunteers.
- Implements program training and operation plan to ensure that all floor staff and guest services associates are properly trained and prepared to work with guests before entering the learning environments.
- Conducts daily staff meetings to provide pertinent information to working staff and volunteers.
- Coordinates traffic flow, guest orientation, and interface of all programs, services and special activities.
- Fields and responds to customer service inquiries and issues on an immediate basis.
- Maintains guest safety, security, and emergency management policies and procedures as developed by Senior Management. Manages response to and documents any incidents.
- Ensures adequate floor and front desk supplies.
- Opens and closes museum during regular operating hours.
- Coordinates implementation of all cash accounting procedures, reconciliation and daily receipts in accordance with Finance and Accounting guidelines.
- Works closely with the Director of Guest Services on strategies and programs to enhance guest experience.
- Tends to minor repairs needed on exhibits and exhibit floor.
- Work closely with the Director of Exhibits and Special Events to ensure all exhibits are in proper working condition.
- Work with cleaning crew and landlord to ensure building and museum floor are in working order and cleaned according to standards.
- A Bachelor’s degree is preferred, preferably in a related field such as marketing, business or hospitality
- Management experience in a customer-facing role
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Outstanding customer service and proven sales experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to direct and supervise staff and volunteers
Weekend and occasional evening and holiday work required! Experience working with children is ideal. Candidate must be flexible with an open schedule. To apply for this position email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Guest Services Manager" in the subject line.
Development Manager - CMoR Central Location
We currently have a full-time opportunity for a Development Manager at our Central location. Reporting to the Vice President of Mission, this position will be responsible for providing development leadership and support to the Mission Team. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Manages and implements fundraising strategies for individual and corporate solicitation, assigning requests based on donor interest and implementation of mail and personal appeals
- Manages online fundraising campaigns
- Develops and implements a special event corporate sponsorship program; researches and identifies potential sponsors; prepares proposals and works with the Mission Team to identify matches between the Children’s Museum of Richmond’s programs and each company’s interests
- Participates in the creation of the annual development plan and works with the Mission Team to set benchmarks; provides regular reporting of progress toward goals
- Provides grant writing and reporting support
- Works with the Education Department to oversee the balance of the Scholarship Fund; maintains frequent communication with scholarship donors; and ensures the fulfillment of grant requirements
- Works with volunteers to plan special fundraising events; participates in establishing the budget and oversees the execution of each event; evaluates effectiveness of each event
- Oversees the Development Committee of the Junior Board; manages the committee’s work including the annual auction
- Oversees preparation and production of promotional mailings, printed pieces and web communications, as related to fundraising
- Facilitates acknowledgement process, maintenance of records, and establishment and disclosure within IRS guidelines of donor benefits; maintains current recognition of donors in all publications
- Keeps abreast of recent research in fundraising; maintains a collection of current fundraising resource materials
- Manages other staff in the development department
- Provides administrative assistance to the Vice President of Mission for all Board of Trustees activities
Qualified candidates should have the following:
- Four-year degree
- Extremely strong verbal and written communication skills with a demonstrated ability to write clearly and persuasively
- Excellent computer skills, including knowledge of managing databases of prospect and contributor information
- 3+ years of fundraising experience required
- 3+ years of experience in management or development in a nonprofit organization, including grant-writing
- Ability to work some evening and weekend hours
In exchange for your service, the museum offers an extremely flexible work environment and benefits to include medical/dental/life insurances, retirement plan, and generous paid time off.
1. Qualified candidates should submit their resume to email@example.com. Please use "Development Manager - Your Name" as the subject line.
2. Minimum salary requirements must be included. Listing salary history or a target range is also acceptable.
3. Please do not include a cover letter. Instead, in the body of your email, write a brief statement about how you can contribute to helping the museum achieve its mission.
Due to the anticipated response, we regret that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Guest Services Associate - CMoR Short Pump, Central and Chesterfield
This part-time position is responsible for providing an enjoyable experience for guests in all areas of the museum. The ideal candidate must be outgoing and enthusiastic, and enjoy working with children and families. Customer service must be a priority. Major responsibilities include engaging and responding to guests and maintaining cleaning and safety protocols. Cross training in all public spaces and programs is required.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Providing a point-of-contact for guests
- Interacts with all visitors in a friendly, professional manner, with exemplary customer service delivery
- Responding to guest questions, concerns, and comments
- Dressing up as the CMOR Mascot, Seymour the Dinosaur and participate in dance parties, story times and parades
- Facilitating activities for guest
- Guest safety and security
- Maintaining cleaning protocols including cleaning restrooms throughout the day, including but not limited to; emptying trash, sanitizing and cleaning exhibits throughout the day, mopping floors
- Encouraging and selling guest membership
- Conducting CMoR's Under the Sea Train on an hourly basis
- Performing front desk admissions duties
- Set up and break down of all birthday party rooms. Assisting birthday family throughout as needed. Cross Training as a Party Programmer for qualified Associates
Weekend and occasional evening and holiday work required
Experience working in Customer Service. Experience working with children is ideal. Candidate must be flexible with an open schedule.
To apply for this position email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Guest Services Associate" and your preferred location in the subject line.