Guest Services Associate - CMoR Short Pump, Central and Chesterfield
This part-time position is responsible for providing an enjoyable experience for guests in all areas of the museum. The ideal candidate must be outgoing and enthusiastic, and enjoy working with children and families. Customer service must be a priority. Major responsibilities include engaging and responding to guests and maintaining cleaning and safety protocols. Cross training in all public spaces and programs is required.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Providing a point-of-contact for guests
- Interacts with all visitors in a friendly, professional manner, with exemplary customer service delivery
- Responding to guest questions, concerns, and comments
- Dressing up as the CMOR Mascot, Seymour the Dinosaur and participate in dance parties, story times and parades
- Facilitating activities for guest
- Guest safety and security
- Maintaining cleaning protocols including cleaning restrooms throughout the day, including but not limited to; emptying trash, sanitizing and cleaning exhibits throughout the day, mopping floors
- Encouraging and selling guest membership
- Conducting CMoR's Under the Sea Train on an hourly basis
- Performing front desk admissions duties
- Set up and break down of all birthday party rooms. Assisting birthday family throughout as needed. Cross Training as a Party Programmer for qualified Associates
Weekend and occasional evening and holiday work required
Experience working in Customer Service. Experience working with children is ideal. Candidate must be flexible with an open schedule.
To apply for this position email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Guest Services Associate" and your preferred location in the subject line.
Educators are responsible for delivering the museum’s educational programs for school groups. Programs touch on a wide variety of subjects including art, math, science, history and are delivered to children ranging in age from 2-8. Educators contribute to planning of programs in accordance with the mission, goals and objectives of the museum, and functions as a public advocate for the museum and its education program.
Primary Job Responsibilities Include:
- Works with the Vice President of Mission, Mission Coordinator and Education Coordinator to provide a comprehensive and creative learning experience for visiting patrons and/or groups
- Teaches, with the highest level of proficiency, all group scheduled SOL-based programs for grades Pre-K through 3rd.
- Teaches, with the highest level of proficiency, early childhood programs.
- Imparts creative ways to enhance museum programming for visiting patrons and/or groups
- Assists in curriculum development.
- Supports the Education Department as an active team member performing a variety of roles, including participation in offsite programs, festivals, workshops, exhibit refurbishment and the upkeep of storage areas and databases.
- Assists in training other museum staff in educational programs
Hours: This position is part-time and is not eligible for benefits. Hours vary but will be approximately 15 hours per week, and occasional weekend hours are required
Pay Rate: $10.00-$12.00 per hour based on experience
Location: While this position is based at our Central location, Educators must be able to travel between all CMoR locations
Qualified applicants should submit their resume to email@example.com with “Educator – Your Name” as the subject line. Due to the anticipated response, we regret that only applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.