The Children's Museum of Richmond is a not-for-profit organization that exists to create innovative learning experiences for all children and those who support them that inspire the next generation of creative problem-solvers. With four locations in the Central Virginia area, the Children's Museum of Richmond seeks to foster a community that recognizes and appreciates that children grow and learn through play.
We currently have a full-time opportunity for a Guest Services Manager at our Short Pump location. This position will be responsible for providing leadership and support to the Guest Services team. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
• Hire, train, schedule and manage front desk, floor staff, and volunteers.
• Implement program training and operational plans to ensure that all staff and volunteers are properly trained and prepared to work with guests before entering the learning environments.
• Coordinate traffic flow, guest orientation, and interface of all programs, services and special activities.
• Field and respond to customer service inquiries and issues on an immediate basis.
• Maintain guest safety, security, and emergency management policies and procedures; document and report incidents as appropriate.
• Perform opening and closing procedures, including cash accounting procedures, reconciliation and daily receipts in accordance with Finance and Accounting guidelines.
• Work closely with senior management to develop strategies and programs to enhance guest experiences.
• Ensure exhibits are in proper working condition and timely notify appropriate staff of repairs or maintenance needed.
• Work with cleaning crew and landlord to ensure building and museum floor are in working order and cleaned according to standards.
• Provide approved statements to the public as required.
• Perform community outreach and represent the museum at designated community or business events.
• A Bachelor’s degree is preferred, preferably in a related field such as marketing, business or hospitality
• 3 - 5 years management experience in retail or similar customer-facing role required
• Strong organizational and communication skills
• Outstanding customer service and proven sales experience
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to include the ability to direct and supervise staff and volunteers and to have positive interactions with children and their caregivers
Schedule is generally Tuesday – Saturday, but flexibility is required.
In exchange for your service, the museum offers an extremely flexible work environment and benefits to include medical/dental/life insurances, retirement plan, and generous paid time off.
To apply for this position email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Short Pump GSM - Your Name" in the subject line. Minimum salary requirements must be included -- listing salary history or a target range is also acceptable. Due to anticipated response, we regret that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
& Fredericksburg locations
This part-time position is responsible for providing an enjoyable experience for guests in all areas of the museum. The ideal candidate must be outgoing and enthusiastic, and enjoy working with children and families. Customer service must be a priority. Major responsibilities include engaging and responding to guests and maintaining cleaning and safety protocols. Cross training in all public spaces and programs is required.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
• Providing a point-of-contact for guests
• Interacting with all visitors in a friendly, professional manner, with exemplary customer service delivery
• Responding to guest questions, concerns, and comments
• Dressing up as the CMOR Mascot, Seymour the Dinosaur and participate in dance parties, story times and parades
• Facilitating activities for guest
• Guest safety and security
• Maintaining cleaning protocols including cleaning restrooms throughout the day, including but not limited to; emptying trash, sanitizing and cleaning exhibits throughout the day, mopping floors
• Encouraging and selling guest memberships
• Conducting CMoR's Carousel (Central only)
• Performing front desk admissions duties
• Set up and break down of all birthday party rooms. Assisting birthday family throughout as needed (cross Training as a Party Programmer for qualified Associates). Weekend and occasional evening and holiday work required
Experience working in Customer Service. Experience working with children is ideal. Candidate must be flexible with an open schedule.
To apply for this position, email your resume to email@example.com with "Short Pump GSA - Your Name' or Chesterfield GSA - Your Name' in the subject line.
Minimum salary requirements must be included--listing salary history or a target range is also acceptable. Due to anticipated response, we regret that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.