The Children’s Museum of Richmond is proud to offer access to the city’s premier educational play environment at such a reasonable price.
CMoR strives to provide every child with the chance to play, learn, and explore in a stimulating, hands-on environment. The museum’s doors are open so that all children in the community can benefit from fun, educational activities such as an afternoon in the Art Studio, story time with a volunteer, a quality SOL-based field trip about simple machines or a big hug from Seymour the Friendly Dinosaur. With contributions from the community, the CMoR Scholarship Fund works with schools and nonprofit organizations to provide admission, membership, and program tuition for children, families, and school groups who could not otherwise visit the museum.
Our Impact in 2016 Alone:
- Over 48,000 books were distributed last year to children in under-resourced communities through the Central Virginia Children’s Book Bank (powered by CMoR)
- CMoR’s scholarship program made it possible for 9,913 students to receive a free or reduced field trip
- Commonwealth Parenting (powered by CMoR) continued to offer tools and resources for parents, to support efforts in Richmond, Northside, Petersburg and Suffolk to help those in need and to help improve parent engagement while families visited the museum
- CMoR’s Access for All program resulted in more than 51% of nonmember guests being able to visit for FREE or at a discount
- 730 special needs guests received tailored programming for FREE, including the museum’s Special Night for Special Needs where those families were invited to a free, exclusive evening once a month
- Legendary Santa welcomed over 25,000 visitors and set aside a night specifically for families with special needs as well as a night for under-served families so that everyone might have the opportunity to partake in Richmond’s most beloved holiday tradition.